Friday, December 13, 2013

Fashion for a Cause

Coco Chanel once said

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. 
  Fashion is in the sky, in the street;
  Fashion has to do with ideas, 
  the way we live, what is happening.” 


By now, you must have a hint of what I'm talking about.
If you've looked closely, I'm wearing a T-shirt.

For those who know me well, you'll say "no way".
She rarely wears T-shirts.

But this shirt is just special.
It's close to my heart because it is for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda.
Something I'd definitely be proud of wearing.
If you've read my previous post, I'm sure you know that I for one
have been very active in supporting relief drive operations.


So here are 2 more ways to help make a difference.
And guess what, it's something very close to me: Fashion.

Remember, no act is too big or small. 
All you have to do is to have that heart for others.


OPTION 1: Support "A Dress For A Shirt" Campaign

For every Plains & Prints Dress you purchase in the boutique, 
you get to donate 1 Shirt for the victims of the Visayas Region. 
The shirt will be donated to charity through Philippine Red Cross.
Imagine, you get to help others while shopping. Now that's shopping for a cause.


Fret not! Plains & Prints has so many dresses to choose from. 
As a fashion stylist, I highly recommend that you check their Holiday Dresses this season. 

They also have the "Fire Collection" and "Camo-Chic Collection" to bring out 
the confident You this Christmas. 

Oh how I wish to become a brand ambassador of this brand. 
That's how much I love Plains & Prints. You'll know why.
Checkout these photos!





As a loyal shopper of Plains & Prints, I am proud to say that their designs are 
perfect for women who are in love with both fashion and comfort. 
Why sacrifice one when you can have both right? :)

So which dress was your favorite? In my case, I have more than One!




OPTION 2: Support "Pledge One, Share Two" Campaign

For every shirt you pledge for Typhoon Yolanda Victims, Plains & Prints will match 
your pledge to double your total donation. You can visit www.plainsandprints.com 
Now that's Fashion with a Heart.


Hoping that I'm able to inspire most if not all of you to start caring.
If you're reading this post of mine, then you're indeed lucky to be spared from such.
I for one am blessed to have not experienced the tragedy during my stay in Iloilo.

God has his ways and I am indeed thankful to Him.
So a big shout-out to everyone to support these 2 campaigns, 
as well as support the victims in any way you can. 

You may not know them, but they need you.

While doing your Christmas shopping, there are also some cute finds that I'm sure
you'll find very interesting.


Here are my Top Picks this Christmas :)


I got these!!! Thank you Plains & Prints.
Perfect for the Kikay Me! :)


Black and Gold Trio Bangles!
One of my recommended color combinations this Christmas.
Perfect for any outfit. Will make you look fab in no time.



Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippie from Happy Skin
Also Available in Plains and Prints branches


And of course, their lovely collection of dresses
Happy Shopping Everyone!


Now I leave you with this inspiring quote from Alicia Keys.

"The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes
 and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. 
That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world."

Wishing you all a Cuddly Christmas!

Love,
IamMyOwnStylist

1 comment:

  1. Probably would not we all like to experience a individual stylist? Someone including Givenchy who took this youthful as well as fairly sweet Audrey Hepburn as well as changed the woman's into the impressive iconic attractiveness we all know the woman's since nowadays.Fashion Stylist

    ReplyDelete