Sunday, September 28, 2014

Women of Substance

Hello Readers! 
Last September 24, 2014, I attended a spectacular event that's very close to my heart.


Take note. It was no ordinary fashion show;
It's fashion for a CAUSE. 

 The Best Dressed Women of the Philippines (BDWP) Annual Ball is now on its 11th year. 
It's all about raising funds for the benefit of the Philippine Cancer Society. 
This Ball was spearheaded by the stylish BDWP honorary chair Imelda Ongsiako-Cojuanco.


The event was so endearing that I can't help but share it with you. 
Here are some pictures that my friends and I managed to cover.

Before the celebration started, my friends and I had some cocktails at the ballroom foyer. 
We got the chance to appreciate the display of  some of the ball gowns of the past awardees... 


....as well as a photo exhibit of the 2014 Awardees,
and one of them being Jennifer Helen Weigel Sarmiento.
I am so proud of you Tita! A big Congratulations! :)


Like any Gala, there are Princesses of the Ball.
Here are my top picks. 
I intentionally got their back photo for added emphasis of their gowns.

Always remember that whether you prefer elegant or simple,
it's all a matter of how you carry yourself with it.


While waiting for the ballroom doors to open,
we found ourselves surrounded by good company of friends.


With my bestfriend Jasmin Sarmiento and her gorgeous mom
who is part of the Best Dressed Women of the Philippines

credits to Jasmin for the photo above 

Now with Kathleen Ann Vargas Jabasa. It's nice to see you again!

credits to Jasmin for the photo above

What makes Cebu my second home 

credits to Jasmin for the photo above 

credits to Jasmin for the photo above 

credits to Jasmin for the photo above

With my friend Hazel Lim- Lee Hok and 2014 BDWP Awardee Pauline Lim
Congratulations Pauline! You look ethereal. 
It was nice bumping into both of you at the event.


Checkout the back of Pauline's gown.
It's so regal.


Now it's time to witness the unveiling of the 2014 notable women of the society.
The program started with some incredible ballet performances. 




The ballet was followed by a fashion show by BDWP Ambassadors for Life and 
an awarding of Men of Exemplary Influence.


In the middle of the program, there was also an auction held. 
It was a prized artistry from one of the best Filipino talents Mr. Ramon Orlina.
Good job to Mr. Johnny Litton for also facilitating the whole event.

Loving how the lights were dimmed just a few minutes before the fashion show.


The moment we have all been waiting for...
Congratulations to the 2014 Best Dressed Women of the Philippines!
I myself would call them Women of Substance.
They are fashion forward yet selfless individuals who are 
living proof that real beauty comes from within.


Continue empowering society and serving as inspiration to make better version of ourselves.



My Favorite Gowns during the Fashion Show are worn by the following:

PAULINE LAVERNE LIM


JENNIFER HELEN WEIGEL SARMIENTO



CATHERINE ARAMBULO ANTONIO


It was also a night of Serenades while everyone was enjoying dinner.


The Program Finale was the Awarding of the 2014 Best Dressed Women of the Philippines.
Here are some photos of their walk of fame! Congratulations to all Awardees.

Aww, just look at this very sweet gesture! How touching! :)






We are so proud of you Tita Jennifer.
You walked with so much beauty and grace. You totally owned it.


The event was a  big success! Kudos to the Annual Ball Organizers.
 Time for more pictures :)


credits to Jasmin for the photo above

Hi Katsy Lee. You look pretty in that white gown of yours.

credits to Jasmin for the photo above

Truly, it was a dream come true for all the BDWP Awardees. 
Hopefully I'll get an opportunity like this knocking at my door someday :))

credits to Jasmin for the photo above

Love this picture of Tito Edgar and Tita Penny :)
Congratulations again Tita


This is the beginning of beautiful things to come! 


Thank you so much for inviting me to be part of this event.
I enjoyed every part of it.

credits to Jasmin for the photo above

credits to Jasmin for the photo above


Looking forward to seeing my best friend Jas and her twin
 to follow the footsteps of their mom.

Stay in love u guys! <3


Lots of Love,
IamMyOwnStylist



2 comments:

  1. awesome write up my bestie! so glad you came! thank you so much for attending! so happy I got to see you! love you and miss you already!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love jassywassy :) I wouldn't miss this for the world! love u

      Delete